- In the plenary verbal inspiration of the Holy Bible and that it is the infallible, inerrant, unchanging, and unalterable Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1: 20-21)
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 3:16-17, Matthew 28:19)
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of Father, conceived of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary; that Jesus Christ was crucified, buried, and arose from the dead on the third day; that He ascended to the Heaven and is today at the right of the Father as our intercessor; that Jesus Christ is the Word made flesh; and in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Mark 16:19-20, Luke 1:34-35, John 1:14, John 3:16, John 19:19-30, Acts 7:54-56, 1 Corinthians 15:11-22, Colossians 2:9-10, 1 Thessalonians 4:14, Hebrews 4:15-16, Hebrews 7:25, 1 John 2:1-2)
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is command of God for all and necessary for the forgiveness of sins (Acts 2:38, Acts 3:19, Acts 17:30, Romans 3:10, Romans 3.23)
- That justification, regeneration, and new birth are experienced by faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Romans 15:16, Romans 6:1-11, Titus 3:5)
- Sanctification through faith in the blood of Jesus Christ, through the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:16, Ephesians 5:26, 1 Corinthians 1:30, 1 Timothy 4.5, 1 Peter 1:2)
- Holiness is God’s standard of living for His people (Luke 1:75, 1 Thessalonians 4:7, Hebrews 12:14)
- In the water baptism by immersion and all who repent should be baptized in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28.19, Mark 1:10, Acts 2:38, Acts 8:35-38)
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous and the eternal punishment for the wicked, with no annihilation (john 5:29, John 11:22-26, 1 Corinthians 15:35-38, Revelation 20:11-15)
Crkva Cjelovitog evanđelja fully accepts and teaches Matthew 19:6, “What therefore, God hath joined together let no man put asunder,” and Malachi 2:16, “For the Lord God of Israel says That He hates divorce.” In view of the escalating rate of divorce in our society; the increasing number of believers that have been saved following divorce; and the number of believers experiencing separating or divorce following their conversion, we give the following statement of faith.
- The believer that been divorced previous to conversion is no longer under condemnation (Romans 8:10); but ” old things are passed always and behold all things are become new and all things are of God…” (Corinthians 5:17-18). Their past sins and iniquities God remembers no more (Hebrews 10:17). The church therefore cannot hold against them their former life of sin lest they condemn and place a heavier burden upon them than God. They therefore may remarry.
- The believer whose unbelieving mate departs is not under bondage in such cases and is eligible for membership, for ministry in the Lord’s Church; and may remarry when reconciliation (according to biblical standards) is not possible.
- The believer is not to divorce their mate. If they do divorce a believing mate, they are to remain unmarried or to be reconciled to their mate, if their mate has not remarried. If their former mate does remarry, they are to remain single the rest of the life (Deuteronomy 24:1-4, 1 Corinthians 7:10-11).
Life is sacred in the eyes of God and He has said, “Thou shalt not kill.” Therefore, Crkva Cjelovitog evanđelja stands against giving or receiving of an abortion, euthanasia, infanticide, or doctor assisted suicide; for any reason or under any circumstances. Life begins at the time of conception and does not end until Lord takes the spirit from individual. Therefore, abortion, euthanasia, infanticide, and doctor-assisted suicide are scripturally wrong.
The Scripture teaches: “So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Then God blessed them…” (Genesis 1:27-28) “There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons Israel” (Deuteronomy 23:17) “Who exchanged the truth of God for lie, and worshiped and served creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their woman exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of the error which was due. And even as they did not like retain God in their knowledge; God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting” (Romans 1:25-28) “Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulteress, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortionist will inherit the kingdom of God” (Corinthians 6:9-10).
Therefore, Crkva cjelovitog evanđelja believes and teaches homosexuality, lesbianism and same sex marriages are violation of God’s moral laws and shouldn’t be practiced or encouraged, regardless of political correctness or acceptance of such “alternate lifestyles” within our society and culture. We believe they are to be lovingly taught the truth of God’s Word and encouraged to repent of their sin and lifestyles for God can and will deliver them.